Lazy Texas Brisket (beef cut: Brisket or London Broil)
from the kitchen of Pam Peterson
- 1 4-lb beef Brisket or London Broil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Trim brisket leaving only small amount of fat.
- Rub garlic into both sides of meat.
- Mix remaining seasonings in bowl.
- Set brisket on large piece of heavy-duty foil.
- Rub seasonings into both sides of meat.
- Tightly wrap brisket in foil.
- Set in shallow roasting pan, fattest side up.
- Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Place on center rack of oven at 450° for 10 min.
- Reduce heat to 225°.
- Bake 8 hours.
- Let rest 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve with French bread.
Company Brisket (beef cut: Brisket)
from the kitchen of Molly Bieshaar
- 5-6 lb brisket
- garlic salt
- lemon pepper
- chili powder
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Liberally dredge brisket with all seasonings
- Place in roasting pan and add Worcestershire sauce (at least ½ cup).
- Add water to top of meat.
- Cover and roast for 4-5 hours at 300°.
- Cool and chill overnight in pan.
- Remove fat, but save juice; trim all fat and slice into thin pieces.
- Layer in serving dish, our juice over and marinate (can be kept in refrigerator at least 3 days).
- Heat in oven or microwave just before serving.
To visit the farm, order beef, or to submit a recipe, call us at 303-915-5892 or email email@example.com.